Monday, November 23, 2009

the one month 101 update

It's been a little over a month since I started the 101/1001 challenge. I thought I was about due for an update. So here goes! I have completed exactly squat! That's right, nothing.

If I were to give any advice to someone who was thinking about starting this challenge I would suggest getting a good mix of short and long term goals. I did not do a very good job of that. So while it seems that I have completely stopped working on this project, I haven't. I just haven't gotten to a finishing point on anything. Here is a list of the items I am currently working on:

013. Ready all bedrooms for the big move. (0/4)
014. Ready living/dining room for the big move.
015. Ready kitchen for the big move.
016. Ready basement for the big move.

All of the above items will likely not be complete until April at the very earliest even though I do a little bit nearly every day. I've made a list of all the 220v appliances that need to be sold (plus bought new when we get back to the states!) but that's as far as I can go with that. We have already determined much of what will not be going back to the states with us when we leave here. It's just a long process! If you've moved overseas you understand. If you haven't then count your blessings. (Ha ha...just kidding.)

019. Buy, fill out, address, stamp, and SEND OUT Christmas cards.

Okay, this one is bad. I have been absolutely horrible about Christmas cards ever since we got to Germany. I think I've gotten them mailed out on time twice but it could have been just once. I have them. I just haven't gotten any further than that. Must.complete.soon.

031. Koln (Cologne) Christmas Market

This one will get done in the next couple of weeks. We just need a break in Jason's work schedule. It will get its own post when we do make it. (Note that positive attitude...it's got to count for something!)

049. Help Jason, Sam, & Jake make their own 101/1001 lists. (1/3)

Sam is the only one who has completed his list. Jake has repeatedly asked me for help with his and I keep putting him off. Jason was supposed to work on his while he was in San Antonio. I know he thought about it because he asked me a couple of questions; I just don't know what the current status is.

059. Finish last 3 classes to complete AA. (0/3)

You know I am knee deep in two of these classes right now. So far so good. I just need to keep pushing through for another few weeks. The last class I will need is a math class. I'm not sure how I'm going to get that in just yet but I'll get it figured out.

061. Leave the house at least 3 times a week for 4 weeks. (Yard/walks with kids don’t count.) (9/12)

Almost done with this one. If you don't know me in real life this one is probably a little on the odd side. I'll explain when I get it done. Just one more week to go!

087. Update calmcrazy blog at least 3 times a week for 12 weeks. (0/36)

Groan! I had to restart this one. I was doing great until Jason came home and then I just lost it. So now I have to start all over again.

099. Enter and “win” NaNoWriMo.

You know, I don't know if I'm going to "win" this year. I'm not even sure it should count if I do make my word count. I'm working on it, though. Either way it's a win for me. I have learned so much from NaNo and I am so very glad I started it. I fully intend to enter again next year--with a for "real" novel!

So that is my update. I haven't forgotten or fallen off the wagon or whatever. I'm chugging along, trying to get things done. Anyone else working on this thing? How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I feel so behind with getting ready to move back to the states. I am not even sure where to start. You inspired me to make a list of what we won't be taking with us. That is a start!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails