Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep

Today has been filled with baking and planning and cleaning. I've been trying to get things done so we can just R-E-L-A-X all weekend long. Everything is on schedule and ready to go.

My favorite moment of the day? Making the apple pie at the island in our kitchen. I stood there, peeling and slicing apples, while my two youngest sons sat on the bar stools across from me. We talked about pie and apples and candy and turkey. (And cars and Star Wars and fish. What? They are 2- and 4-years-old; they have the attention span of a couple of gnats.) Every so often I would hand one of them an apple slice and they would munch on it while we talked. It's a simple thing, but those are the moments I hope they remember later on. The small and beautiful moments.

Tomorrow we may or may not change out of our pajamas. Some years we do, some years we don't. We start watching Jason's favorite movie, "A Christmas Story". We spend the day in the kitchen together. We eat. We play games with the kids. We take a family nap. We get up and eat again. It's low key. It's low maintenance. It's just like us.

1 comment:

  1. We ended up wearing real clothes this year. I think it's all the windows in the house. ;)

    It was a pretty great day. I hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails