Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting a Little Soggy

These are not the best pictures in the world, but I wanted to share them anyway. Our house is situated on a somewhat strange lot. There are at least two (and possibly three) seasonal creeks that run around and under the house. Rest assured, as soon as all those seasonal creeks are running, you will get a glimpse of them here. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Northern California has been getting (from what I understand) more than its fair share of rain lately. I read in our paper today that water levels in some of the area lakes (I think specifically in the manmade ones) are about 120% above their usual levels for this time of the year. It has been raining. A LOT.

So much so, in fact, that there is some damage control going on here on our road. Crews rigged up a tarp over on of our hills to keep the soil beneath the road from washing away. There are quite a few of these in the area; this one just happens to be right across the ravine from us. (You can't tell in these pictures, but that ravine is about 20 feet deep.)

003

I'm really frustrated with the camera right now. This looks pretty flat in the picture; you'll just have to take my word for the fact that there is a drop here.

007

Here's a view of where one of the creeks will be running under our back porch. (One of the bucks hangs out under that porch during the summer. I know, right?!) I think I need to start monitoring the status of the soil under there; I really don't want to deal with a collapsed deck!

005

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails