Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello Neglected Internet Friends!

Around these parts a quiet blog typically means that things in our house are quite a bit more crazy than calm. Sometimes I'm busy, sometimes I'm trying to not bring a ton of negativity to this space, and sometimes we're dealing with decisions that just don't need to be hashed out in such a public arena; right now we have a little bit of all that going on.

We'll start with the busy. It's the end of the school year and all you moms and teachers out there know how crazy that is. There are projects and tests and field trips and parties and all sorts of other nonsense (times two!--I keep trying to remind myself to enjoy it because next year it will be times three!). Tonight I realized that one of Jake's school projects fell through the cracks--it was due today (Monday) and we haven't even started it yet. Let's hear it for awesome mom organization! Sigh.

Moving on.

The Negative Nancy moments are coming hard and fast right now. Jason is back on night shift. Night shift equals me spending several hours alone four nights a week. Me spending hours alone with only my own thinks to keep me company equals a whole lotta trouble. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. I'm trying to not bring all that to this space and that means that I am avoiding blogging in general right now. I'm working on some projects, though; hopefully I will be able to keep my brain gainfully employed very soon.

We also still have a couple of "not for the blog" type discussions going on. One in particular has been going on for about six months and we're about to hit critical mass with a decision. I know it's kind of a party foul to tease you with it--that really isn't my intent--but it's a huge part of why this space is so dark right now. We could use some positive thoughts and prayers about it if you are so inclined. I promise I will let you in on it soon, either way.

***

And that is my update for now. I need to get caught up on reading some blogs--I have been neglecting my bloggy friends! To make up for it I am going to have a giveaway this week. Stay tuned; I hope you will play along!

6 comments:

  1. Oh honey. I'm sorry things have been in the dumps a bit lately. I hope you guys reach a decision and that things start looking up soon. Just take a deep breath and know that this too shall pass. I hate nights alone... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you sweet friend!!!! Please know when your all on your own all those nights, chances are ... I am too. Give me a call or write me an email. I'd be happy to help get you through those dark times. Lord knows I have my own some nights. Praying for my favorite AF family. Hoping nothing but the best for you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry you are going through a hard time that sucks just know what ever you two decide it will be the best choice for your family. I am always here for you when you need someone to talk to. I miss you guys so much I really wish we had gone to Beale with you guys. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst thing is not wanting to come here and dump on my blog.  lol  Things have just been up in the air a lot since we got back to the states.  I think we were expecting some stability or something once we arrived and it just hasn't happened.  

    It's all good.  I just need a little more time so we can get a few things ironed out.  Thanks for the encouragement.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish we'd gone to TX!  I love it here but it would have been nice to be in San Antonio or San Angelo with a friend already in place.  :)  Things are getting interesting around here; details soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meme, I miss you tons.  I can't even begin to tell you.  :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails