Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year...and stuff

It has been super-quiet here at the old blog lately. Jason has been home and we've been enjoying some serious family time. We didn't really go anywhere, but we did all sorts of fun stuff around the house: mock gingerbread houses, salt dough ornaments, paper snowflakes, Christmas cookies, a ton of Wii playing, movies out the wazoo, and a whole lot more. I honestly did try to upload and post some of these activities; I just didn't have the time to go through the entire process. (Have I ever whined about the internet speed here? Yeah, it's bad.)

In addition to all that I have hit major "we're moving" mode. I have started cleaning out the basement of alllll of our unneeded baby items. If you are here in Germany you are probably familiar with the RYS site. If you aren't, it is a good place to get used (and sometimes new) items at (most of the time) reasonable prices. (No, I am not getting anything for saying that. Take that FTC.) In addition to the four Rubbermaid totes and various "big ticket" baby items I have photographed and posted, we have also taken 15 bags of children's clothes to the donation station here in the village. I knew we had a lot of stuff but holy moly! I'm afraid for when I start the toys. It's going to be ugly.

This will probably be another light week on the posting front. I have a couple major projects due in my classes and I've let myself get a little behind. I have to get cracking! I have started another blog however, and I want to put it out here. It's for my 365 Project (which is, of course, part of my 101 project). There won't be a lot of words going on over there; it's mostly just pictures. The goal is to have daily pictures, though. It will be interesting to see how that goes!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year. I cannot believe that 2010 is finally here! This is going to be such a huge year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails