Thursday, March 11, 2010

Looking Back

I am planning to do a few posts covering some of the trips we've taken during our time here. In preparing for those, I have been going through some of our old pictures. I ran across this one and I just wanted to share it. This was taken during our first "real" outing here in Germany. We went with several friends from our previous base (some were stationed here and one was visiting us at the time) and it was a great time. I cannot believe how long ago this seems!


That is Sam at the age of 6 1/2 (he's 13 now) and Jake not too long after he turned 2 (he will be 9 this summer). Obviously Zander and Izzy aren't around just yet. Good grief! The changes that this family has gone through while here in Germany are just amazing.

For those of you who don't know, that is our friend Danny on the left. Danny has been around since Sam was about a year old and is as much a member of this family as any of the other six of us. You might have noticed that I make a lot of side statements to him...that's because he is my longest running, most faithful reader. (Love you, Danny!) Anyway. Now you'll know who I mean.

3 comments:

  1. You guys have been there for a long time!!!

    I have been going through all my Germany pictures the last few months too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to bring tears to my eyes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How neat!!

    I want to do something like that I think : ) You inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails