Jess over at Just a Geek Named Jess gave me an award yesterday and I am so excited--and so relieved! A long (long) time ago Maranda at My Camo Colored Life gave me the same award and with all the hoopla of the move I never got around to participating. And when I finally did have the time it seemed wrong to have waited so long. So I hemmed an hawed about how long was too long to respond and then...well, here we are. So now I can acknowledge both rewards and it's still timely. Well, half of it is.
Shut it, people. This is how my brain works.
Thank you, Jess and Maranda! It was really so sweet of you both.
So here is the award and the rules:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to blogs you've recently discovered and enjoyed.
4. Leave the recipients a note telling them about the award.
I always love to read these "seven facts" about everyone else but have the worst time coming up with my own.
1. We bought a fish about a week ago. It's supposed to be "for the kids" (Zander thinks it's all his), but I bought it for myself. I'm selfish that way. It's a red and blue Beta that we named Jeremiah.
2. My Halloween decorations, which never were 100% set up, are still out. This is only marginally amusing until you add in the fact that I really want to start decorating for Christmas this weekend. It's early, I know...but I'm really excited about decorating this house!
3. My chronic insomnia is starting to creep back into my life. I find this distressing beyond words.
4. I started back on South Beach three weeks ago. I've lost 15 lbs so far. This is awesome, but I won't consider it "real" weight loss until I get back to the weight I was this time last year. I have awhile to go yet. Honestly, the 15 lbs is only about what I gained during the move. I'm trying to not get discouraged.
5. I do not miss Germany at all. Not even a little.
6. Last night I burned dinner. Badly. I mean to the point where it was no longer edible. I haven't done that since sometime around 1999. Thankfully, the pot survived the ordeal. That was not always the case back in 1998/99.
7. I was afraid that Target would not live up to my memories from before we left the U.S. I needn't have worried. It is every bit as awesome as I remember!
Now, this particular award has pretty much made the rounds of the blogs I frequent and I don't really want to make everyone come up with another seven things. I have recently run across a couple blogs that are new to me, though. I tried to go back in my feed a little ways to make sure they hadn't already received this award but I may have missed something. I'm not even going to tell them they got an award over here...I just want to share these ladies with you and figured this was a good way to do it.
Sidnie at green enough for me: I was initially pulled in by the idea of her blog's title. I strive to always be happy with where I am and what I have in my life. (Not that I always make it, of course!) But Sidnie's blog is more than just a great title. Please go check it out and see for yourself.
Heather at It's Twinsanity: I stumbled across Heather's blog about the same time that she was posting the pictures from her trek across the U.S. to meet her husband upon his homecoming. I loved the message on the back of the camper and the energy of her family. I haven't even commented over there yet, but I really enjoy reading her blog.
Brooke at Polka Dots and Ric Rac: Brooke recently lost her son, although I'm not 100% sure that she would want it termed that way. She is living through the pain of living on this earth without him, while knowing that he is waiting for her in heaven. The grace with which she is continuing on without the physical presence of her sweet Briar is incredibly inspiring.