Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Dreaded Weight Update

Blah, blah, blah.

So this time the update isn't so upbeat. I am really struggling with the weight right now. I think the last time I posted about it was right after the holidays. I had gained three pounds over Christmas break but wasn't feeling too terrible about it; that's not a bad gain for the holiday season. (I still feel that way.) I lost the weight that I gained in the first week of January. Yay! Right?

I gained it back the next week. Grr!

I have lost and gained that weight three times now. In fact, in my last attempt to restart the weight loss I ended up gaining four pounds in two days. Let me say that again. Four pounds gained in two days! Jason tried to tell me that it was water building up in my legs due to the exercising, but are you freaking kidding me?! I could have handled the weight staying constant. But a gain of four pounds? Why am I killing myself for that?

How's my eating, you want to know? Um. Well. You see... Okay, here's the thing: yeah, I suck. I'm sliding back into unhealthy territory and despite how desperately I wish it otherwise, there really is no excuse for that. I'm skipping breakfast every single day. I eat whatever the kids are eating for lunch even though there are healthier salad options in the fridge. I quit cooking healthy dinners when Jason went on night shift and went for the fast and easy options instead. I just didn't get it done like it should be.

So. It's time to get back into gear. We've just transitioned to a "normal" family schedule again and the weather is starting to improve here--this is the perfect time to get it done. So this is me outing myself for my poor decisions and lackluster performance in the hopes that it will help me get my act together.

6 comments:

  1. *hugs* I'm having a similar problem. We got back to "real life" this month, and I've been stuck at about the same weight. Here's to us getting back on track! *clinks water glasses*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, so first things first. You are doing great!! You're still 15 pounds down or more from where you started. Next, Jason is off of nights so you can start going back to your healthy routine. I think it is commendable how well you did despite all your obstacles. I fall of the wagon the longer Jimmy is gone myself. ... like this week, trying desperately to hold on to last week's motivation and losing my grip with each passing hour. And finally, copy & paste this on our "thing" immediately. You've got a team now, go use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday is a new day and a fresh start if you need it. Don't be to hard on yourself-- I hope that your new schedule eases things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I know the feeling all too well. My eating has really slipped this week (as I eat a calorie loaded veggie taco salad from Costa Vida). I keep telling myself at least I'm stress eating and not stress smoking - bright side, right? But seriously, tomorrow is another day. I think that's the best attitude you need to have. You can 'restart' healthy eating at any moment, even after dinner! I'm pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should listen to Jason! How often do you weigh yourself? I've been making some poor decisions too, the past few weeks (who am I kidding? Month). If there is something you need to adjust, do it. But if you DO adjust it and the scale still does stupid stuff, I'd stay off the scale. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You see it as a bad thing but losing and gaining the same weight three times just means your maintaining which is never something to be upset about! And besides what are you doing weighing yourself after two days anyways? You know weight fluctuates so much. Gaining that weight was easily just your muscles retaining like Jason said! You're doing great hun, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails