Sunday, November 1, 2009

a few random bits from the day

Please forgive the terribly disjointed nature of this post. This is going to be a rough month!

**********************************

Jason left for San Antonio this morning. Very, very early this morning. As I am typing this, he may be on the ground and navigating through the airport. It's pretty darn late in the day at this point. I'm hoping to hear from him soon. There were several moments over the course of the day when I looked at the clock, mentally figured out where he might be, and then blanched at the idea of our "Big Move". He is only going to San Antonio...California and Hawaii are both possibilities and those places are several more hours away. It's almost enough to make me hope for the East coast (or England!) just for the simple fact that we wouldn't have to travel so far with four kids.

**********************************

The kids miss their daddy. I'm not the only one who is rusty at this whole TDY thing. Sam and Jake haven't really had to deal with this since we were at our last duty station. Sam was almost 7-years-old when we moved here; Jake had just turned 2. Obviously they don't remember a whole lot of the previous separations. Jake and Zander didn't ask quite as many questions this time around. We'll see how they do over the next couple of days. If there's going to be a really bad day I am guessing it is going to be tomorrow or Tuesday.

**********************************

I successfully finished my first NaNoWriMo session. It's a terrible story line but I had to come up with something and just go with it. So I did. I managed to eke out 1700 words tonight...which amazes me. It's the whole first chapter and now I'm already trying to figure out where to take it tomorrow night. If I can just do this 29 more times I'll be good! Wish me luck.

**********************************

Being a single parent is not something that I ever want to do for real. That's pretty much my last coherent thought of the day. I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails