Wednesday, October 13, 2010

101/1001: first year update (edit)

October 13th is my very favorite day of the year. It has been for as long as I can remember. It's not my birthday or our anniversary. Nothing particularly exciting has ever happened to me on that date. I just like it. If I was absolutely forced to pick a reason I would say that it's because October is my favorite month (it is!) and that 13 is my favorite number (this is also true); I don't really think that is why it's my favorite day, but we'll go with that.

And that is the grand reason why I picked October 13th of 2009 as the official start of my 101 in 1001 project. I have not done a great job of updating my progress over the year, which is probably why I am running way behind on getting things done. I have only completed 17 items from my list. That is not even 1% of my list; I have already used up 35% of my time! Argh!

*Ahem. I just realized that I have made a mathematical error here. So I am editing to say that I have completed 16% of my list. That's what I get for using a calculator to figure out something I could have done in my head. I think I must have input "1001" instead of 101 there. Oops. Please don't tell my kids.*

Here are some of my completed goals:

Ready all the rooms for the big move. I actually made it through everything before the movers arrived. We have tons of organizing to do on this end, but we left everything we didn't want to keep in Germany. It did not get dragged back to the states with us. Yay!

Several travel goals. We were unable to make a couple of our planned trips (not a surprise at all) but we did get in several at the last minute. Mainau Island on Lake Constance was just as beautiful as we could have hoped. Paris was more fun than I ever would have imagined. Keukenhof Gardens was probably our favorite location in all of Europe. And Lichtenstein, our very last trip before the move, was a fun treat for the kids.

Take the kids to an aquarium. I already told you all about our trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. So much fun!

Get a "current" cell phone. Oh my! So different! I'll go into this a little further in another post.

Learn how to text. With the new phone, this is not near as difficult as I would have thought. Now if I can just figure out how to integrate everything. I'm getting there. Of course, living out in the boonies means that I can only text when we "go into town." (Ha ha! I love saying that.) This is probably a good thing. Texting is ridiculously addicting.

And yeah. That's my grand update. I'm getting ready to really buckle down on a bunch of these, though. There were quite a few of these that I knew would have to wait until our return to the states. Now that we are here I am out of excuses! I should be able to knock out a chunk of these over the next few months. In fact, I am already working on several!

Anyone else doing the 101/1001? How is it coming along? If you aren't, what is one thing that you'd like to accomplish in the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails