Friday, November 12, 2010

Round-up!

These past two weeks have brought some serious change into my day-to-day operations. I'm not sure if it's because we're nearing the end of our first month of "mostly junk-free eating", if it's just a result of having been here long enough to feel settled, or if it's due to some other completely ridiculous reason--and I don't care! Things turned around and that makes me very happy.

I've found a college program and started the enrollment process. I'm planning to start back in January so there is no huge rush. It's nice to be working toward that goal, though. (I'm just ignoring how far away I am from that goal. Who needs to think about that, really?)

Our main living areas and bedrooms are finally both clean and organized. I was having a really hard time getting both of those things accomplished at the same time; I would spend one afternoon organizing a closet, only to have Zander completely trash the living room. Or I would clean the living room and walk in to find all the (already organized) cabinets in the bathroom emptied of their contents. It was a never-ending battle. Today I can tell you that every room in the house (except Sam and Jake's room, and that is just not my responsibility) is both clean and organized. Yes, there is more to do (and you'll note that I did not say anything about the garage...or the van) but I could welcome anybody into my house without being even a little bit embarrassed. So yay!

I've been eating on plan for almost four weeks now. Lean meats, loads of veggies, and (very few) whole grain carbs make up our meals. This week, as you know, I added an exercise program into my daily routine. Today marked Day Five; things are still going very well. I need some serious work on my sleep schedule, but I'm very happy overall.

The boys and I started our "Letter of the Week" activities again. We did "D" this week: dancing, dinosaurs, dogs, Dora, and daddy were all part of our discussions. I wasn't organized enough to do activities cute enough to take pictures to share but we are making progress! Next week we are going to do letter "I". I'm hoping to get some of those activities into the blog next Saturday.

I did manage to get the blog redesign mostly done. I'm really happy with it. I still have a few things to add to the sidebar but the place is looking pretty nice. If you're on a reader click over for a minute and check out the new digs. There's an "About" section and everything!

Thanks to all of you who have stuck around long enough for me to get my "poo" together again after the move. I'm almost to the point where I can write some real posts again. I'm also trying to figure out Twitter, so if you are on there add me and help a girl out. I'm @calmcrazy and completely clueless. For real.

Have a great weekend, people!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now tuning into your blog so I'm a tad bit behind. I must say though that it sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. How inspiring as I hope to be where you are some day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails